Saints and Goddesses Social Club

Saints and Goddesses Social Club
Promoting a healthy pursuit of Money Honey and the Holy

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Haters in Players' Clothing

My principles have recently been put to the test by a character who has crossed certain lines of respect. 

Let's call him "Little Joe Curly-Q Ho," or "Little Ho" for short.  This Little Ho has had a high degree of financial success in the game.  I would venture to say that all bias aside, he had even changed the game excelling beyond his peers.  No one could deny that Little Ho has been shining.

I first met Little Joe Curl Q Ho at various national get-togethers where the top players go to floss their business, and congratulate one another in accordance with the rules of the Game.  While he behaved standoffish and somewhat arrogant, I was cordial with him and gave him his props.  And when he stood in front of a room full of players and spoke with arrogance and pomp, I disregarded his behavior as typical of a youngster who didn't know any better.

A couple years ago I decided to expand my business operations into new territories, I moved from working under one Big Boss to another and I found myself crossing paths with Little Joe Curly Q Ho. Respecting the game, I assured Little Ho that I would respect his business interests, that I had no interest in stepping on his toes.  I also let him know that if any of my associates compromised his business, to let me know and I would correct any concerns.  We shook hands and went our separate ways.     I would assume that a player who is earning over a million dollars a year would not be interested in what another player earning a couple hundred thousand a year is doing.  A true player perhaps...

A couple months later, when I traveled to handle my business in other territories, Little Joe Curly Q Ho decided he wanted to move in on my operation and peel me for one of the players on my team.     Now, in the Game it is perfectly acceptable for a Boss Player to peel another Boss Player for one of his earners.  The rule is that every player is free to choose who he/she decides to play with.  And when my player came to me and told me the offer that Little Ho had made him, it amused me rather than bothered me.  Little Ho told my player that he could offer him a lot better than I could, he pretended to be his friend who was looking out for him.  I made it clear to my player that in this Game everyone is free to choose, and if this Little Ho could offer my player a better deal, then he should take it.  I told him, he would have my blessing with no hard feelings.  No problem.

Then my player went on to tell me that this Little Ho proceeded to try and discredit me as a Boss, making allegations that we have been running a dishonest operation, and that my player was being exploited, as well as making disparaging remarks about my wife who is also my business partner.  Problem.

Business is business, and I do not begrudge men and women for making business decisions that don't take me into consideration.  After all, the primary purpose of any business person is to increase the profit margin.  But I cannot comprehend how seemingly rational business men make hostile moves towards others just to mess their game up, with no profit motive.  Here is a guy with a big buffet in front of him, but he is worrying about the juicy piece of steak on my plate...

I did my due diligence on this guy and found out that despite Little Joe Curly Q Ho being a top earner in a game of players, he is nothing but a scheming player-hater in player's clothing.  Typical high school geek with no play or a saving grace.  He was a square little kid who found out as an adult that he is good at being a crumby salesman.  He snuck his way into the Player's Ball, and now he thinks that he can buy his way into heaven.  Typical player-hater who thinks that having money is the same as having game...foolish little nerd, how absurd that he hasn't heard that a fool is a fool whether in or out of school, that you can buy a nice car but you can't buy cool...


Certain people never learn the meaning of respect because they have never had the fear of God placed in their hearts.  Most of us Players who have risen out of street culture, at one point or another have had to take a beating for being out of line, and have had to sock somebody up to prove our manhood, but everybody else has to learn the hard way.

And there are times when physical force is necessary to resolve disputes.  But it is important as a true player to recognize the difference between an emotional response and a rational response.  A true Boss Player must never react on emotion, no matter how tempting it may be to slap the taste out of someone's mouth for behaving like a disrespectful cockroach.  This is the folly of lesser men.

As Player Saints our rule is that we only fight in self-defense or in defense of others.  The lines get blurred when you deal with a shit-talker, especially one who does not have the cojones to talk shit to your face.  Especially if they are disrespecting your family...  A Boss Player cannot make moves that can compromise his entire business, or his family.  A Boss Player must calculate every decision, weighing out the loss and benefit of every move he decides to make.  Common thugs can indulge all day long in satisfying their thirst for testosterone, and deal with the legal repercussions that follow.  A player saint is justified in defending his family and friends even to the death, provided there is a clear and present harm.   But a Boss Player must exercise intelligence.  Boss Players don't get into fights, they do however engage in war and they observe the rules of engagement.  

Little Ho, you've made your way into the Book of Game
Too bad you're on the list of The Hall of Shame
I feel so bad for you, I can't even laugh at you
You dodged a beat down, kid, I ain't mad at you.

Amor y Paz,

The Rev. Saint Ice

No comments:

Post a Comment