Saints and Goddesses Social Club

Saints and Goddesses Social Club
Promoting a healthy pursuit of Money Honey and the Holy

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Adventures in Self-Promoting...

Last week I sent out over 40 emails to different managers and promoters of various "Latino" artists from as high up as Carlos Santana, to Ozomatli, and Panteon Rococo to see if any of them where interested in having Santos de Los Angeles and the Player Saints as an opening act...

I have been doing this thing for over 10 years now, and I have always too shy to try and reach out in this way. I didn't think it worked, and in the end it just seemed so desperate. Plus I read in "Everything You Need to Know About the Music Business," that labels get so much spam and mail from hungry artists from all over the country, that it was a pointless effort. Apparently, no one in the Business listens to "unsolicited material." They only pay attention to songs that are recommended from their friends in the business...

I don't know, at the time it seemed like a moment of inspired genius. I figured that more harm would come from not attempting to contact them than the possibility of annoying them with one more email.

I know I get bothered as all hell when I get spam from bands that I have never heard of...so in the spirit of good Karma, from now on I will make a vow to open every single email that bands send to me and at least hear them out. If I am not interested, oh well...


Amor y Paz,

Santos de Los Angeles
Saints & Goddesses Social Club

No comments:

Post a Comment